8.27.2010

Friend of a Friend

Personally, Ive never been the type to blow up someone else's phone looking for my significant other or cursing out their friend because my bf chose to go out with them. So when I came across a fb status that revolved around that, it kinda made me cringe. Now i know the guys that are reading this who have been that friend is like yess i know exactly what ur talking about but I know theres ladies that are reading and are doing one of two things: 1. Theyre like me, and feel that girls shouldnt do that or 2. Theyre saying eff that, the friend is supposed to be looking out for me etc. Well if any girls are agreeing with #2 then idk how yall keep a guy and i dnt get how that guy keeps his friends.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with getting to know your companion's friends and having their number for back up...or even giving them the "lookout for my bf" speech BUT there is a thin line. If ur feeling a way about ur gf/bf going somewhere then u speak to ur gf/bf...and sometimes it is good to vent to their friend bcus theyre likely to listen to them BUT it is NEVER good to overwhelm their friend. The friend is just a friend, they don't deserve the backlash of your argument or issues. & Honestly, that friend probably wouldnt even want to look out for you because youve pressed them in the past or just have a bad attitude. So at the end of the day, placing your burdens on your other half's friends gets you nowhere and its only makes you look crazy !